Ageing of the skin occurs due to a number of factors. As we get older our skin starts to produce less collagen and elastin, which leads to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. This effect is exacerbated by a loss of hydration and exposure to environmental factors such as air pollution and UV radiation from the sun.
The presence of free radicals also compound this damage to our cellular DNA. Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells, cause illness and accelerate ageing. As the body gets older, it loses the ability to fight the effects of free radicals. Lifestyle factors, such as exposure to toxic chemicals (pesticides and air pollution), smoking, alcohol and fried foods, can lead to accumulation of free radicals in the body.
Anti-oxidants can prevent the harmful effects of free radicals. Whilst anti-oxidants are present in many edible fruits and vegetables, Colostrum is known as a very powerful anti-oxidant, which is why many refer to this Superfood as “Liquid Gold.”
PureCol Colostrum can be taken as an internal skincare supplement that offers the following benefits to the skin:
- Colostrum is the only known source of the enzyme Telomerase which prevents and repairs damage of cellular DNA, contributing to the slowing and reversal of the ageing process.
- Increased elasticity and improved viability of collagen restores the firmness of the skin.
- Elevated growth factors restores youthful radiance and repairs cells.
- Repairs sun damage, prevents sunspot growth and reduced scarring.
- Reduces appearance of acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Powerful immune-boosting compounds (Immunoglobulins, Lactoferrin, and MSM) in Colostrum fight infection.
- Proline-rich polypeptides (PRPs) prevent an overactive immune response, countering auto-immune disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.